Edward J. Rose
Ed Rose joined Betty, Neuman & McMahon, P.L.C. (“BNM”) in July, 2004, as an associate attorney. He previously served a two-year judicial clerkship from 2002-04’ for the Iowa 5th Judicial District at the Polk County Courthouse in Des Moines, working closely with several Iowa District Court Judges. Ed was made a partner/member with BNM in 2010 and practices primarily in the realm of workers’ compensation, successfully representing employers, insurance carriers and third-party administrators. In addition, he is experienced in civil appellate work.
Ed hails from Creston, Iowa and pursued his collegiate education at the University of Iowa, achieving Bachelors degrees in both Political Science and English in 1999. Following his undergraduate work, Ed attended law school at the University of Wyoming College of Law, where he graduated with honors in 2002.
Since joining BNM, Ed has been an active member of the Iowa Defense Counsel Association (IDCA) and is currently on the Board of Governors for the Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers (IAWC). Moreover, he has been a speaker and presenter at several state-wide workers’ compensation CLE events and seminars.
Ed resides in Davenport, Iowa with his wife, three children and two dogs. He is an avid reader in his free time and also enjoys participating in his children’s activities and spending time outdoors.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Civil Litigation
- Illinois, 2004
- Iowa, 2002
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: Honors
- University of Iowa, Iowa
- B.A. - 1999
- Speaker at The Iowa Association of Workers Compensation Lawyers 32nd Annual Seminar (2010)
- Speaker at The Iowa Self-Insured Association’s Annual Seminar (2015)
- Speaker at The Iowa Workers’ Compensation Advisory Committee 50th Annual Workers’ Compensation Symposium (2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Governors, Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers (IAWC)
- Former Co-chair, IDCA Litigation Committee
- Former Editorial Board Member, IDCA
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association, Member
- Iowa Self-Insurers Association (ISIA), Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Scott County, Iowa Bar Association, Member